top of page




Billings County offers private land spraying for landowners within the County. If you are interested in spraying services or to learn more about Billings County’s pricing please contact the Weed Control Board. Landowners must call yearly to be put on the spray list, due to the high demand for our spraying services. Landowners will receive services in the order in which their call was received. Please contact us with any questions about this process or to be added to our 2024 spray list.



The Billings County Weed Control Board (BCWCB) hosts several field days each year, for the collections of Leafy Spurge flea beetles. Click the link below  for collection dates, time, locations, and directions to collections sites. At fields days the BCWCB assists in sweeping, sorting, measuring, and dispersing flea beetles. Beetles are distributed evenly amongst everyone that actively participates in the collections. Beetles are sorted and placed in containers in BCWCB coolers until the collection is complete. 

Click Here for Dates and Directions to Collection Sites


Billings County offers cost share to landowners, contact the Weed Board to inquirer about prices.  Restricted use products (RUP) will require proof of certification to purchase. Billings County landowners may purchase up to one thousand dollars in chemical each year and will be responsible for paying only 30% of all chemical costs up to one thousands dollars in value. After exceeding the cap, landowners will be responsible for 100% of additional chemicals purchased.

Weed Control Plans

 The Billings County Weed Board assists our local Zoning Board by inspecting new development areas within the County. Permits are processed through the Zoning Department and depending upon the type of application, certain requirements are necessary. The Weed Control Officer is to inspect zoned areas before the ground is disturbed. This is to assess if there are any State or County Noxious weeds present at a site before construction. The Weed Control Officer will note any Noxious Weeds present upon inspection. Methods of control are noted to help the applicant manage the plants currently located at the site and prevent them from spreading. To learn more about Billings County's zoning applications or to begin the permitting process please click here,



The Little Missouri Grazing Association (MGA) has two spray units that are available for MGA members to checkout and use. Units are equipped with 75 gallon tanks, 100 feet of hose, boomless nozzels, high volume pump, and honda engine. Please contact BCWCB with any questions on checking out a unit.  





The Billings County Weed Control Board will have prairie dog bait for sale each year between October 1st and March 15th. However, prairie dog bait is a Restricted Use Product (RUP) so anyone wanting to purchase will be required to show proof of being a certified applicator within North Dakota.


Glass, L. (Photographer). (2017, April 18). Almost Black [Digital Image]. Retrieved from



We provide private land spraying for Billings County landowners. Due to the high demand for our services we will be limited to the amount of private land spraying we can do in 2024


We have staff delegated for spraying strictly on U.S. Forest Service land within Billings County. Allotment holders can call and be put on the spray list to have their allotments sprayed. Applications are limited to two days to better serve all producers needing spraying services. 

bottom of page